Five Powerful Morning Habits for Entrepreneurs
Are you a morning person? Some people enjoy getting up at sunrise and having a cup of coffee while they start their day and others prefer to sleep in as long as possible. But the most successful people in the world embrace the morning, and in fact, there are certain habits that successful people all seem to share. Here are five powerful habits that will help you become more successful.
1. Get up Early: have you heard the adage early to bed, early to rise? The rest of it is that it makes a man (or woman) healthy, wealthy and wise but in this case, it does make you more successful. If you read about the most successful entrepreneurs out there, you’ll notice that they get up very early and start their day – and they usually get quite a bit accomplished in the morning as well.
2. Start with Exercise: studies have shown that people who exercise in the morning are much better equipped to handle the day. You’ll be able to use your brain better; you’ll have more energy, and you will simply be better at all of the tasks that you attempt after a half hour or so of exercise. This doesn’t have to be strenuous; it could just be a jog through the park or a bike ride. The important thing is that you exercise.
3. Eat a Good Breakfast: breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, and you probably know that because experts have been saying it for decades. If you aren’t a breakfast person, you’re not alone. There are lots of people out there who prefer not to eat breakfast and just wait until lunch rolls around. But eating breakfast could help you be more productive and if you try it once you might find that you really enjoy the results.
4. Do the Hardest Thing First: when you get started in the morning don’t go with the easy tasks first. Tackle the hardest project that you have; the one that you’re dreading above all of the others. Once you get that one out of the way, you’ll find that the other projects are easy to accomplish and your day will go much smoother.
5. Prepare the Previous Day: the night before, try to prepare as much as you can so that you’re ready to sit down and get to work as soon as morning comes.
3 Powerful Ways to Spot an Opportunity
You want to be a successful entrepreneur, so, one of the things that you’re going to have to do is be able to recognize opportunity when it knocks. An opportunity to fill a much-needed gap in the market or to change your business to take advantage of a trend could mean the difference between a little bit of success and a lot of success. But you must know what these opportunities look like so that you can grab them when you see them. Here are three ways to recognize an opportunity.
It Might Not Be Perfect
One of the earmarks of a real opportunity is that it doesn’t sound too good to be true. A genuine opportunity that has great potential isn’t going to be perfect when you encounter it. You’re going to have to do the work to make it into a successful venture. However, one thing that it should have is potential. If you can see it becoming an excellent idea in the future, then it might just be the opportunity that you been looking for, even if it’s slightly imperfect now.
It Is Built on Previous Failures
The best ideas are the ones that have evolved over time because they have been honed through past failures. If an idea has been through the furnace of discovery, there is a much greater chance of it working when you decide to implement it. In other words, you might want to give an idea time to fail a few times before you decide to run with it yourself because otherwise, you’ll be making all of those mistakes yourself and that won’t result in the grand opportunity that you’re envisioning.
It Might Not Be What It Was Intended to Be Used for Originally
Some of the best ideas that have ever been thought of were completely different takes on what a product or service was initially designed for. The idea might’ve been a failure as it was intended but it sparked an entirely new thought process and brand-new applications. These accidental inventions ended up being something completely different because someone had the ability to see past the original form. Did you know that both the slinky and silly putty toys were intended for industrial applications? However, they failed as expected and instead became some of the most popular toys ever invented.
This tells us one thing – keep your eyes open for opportunities, they can be found in the most unlikely places.